We are Happy to introduce the Teen Club, an exciting initiative by the Counseling Department of St. Joseph’s Indian High School (SJIHS). The Teen Club aims to create a supportive and engaging environment where high school students can come together, explore their interests, develop leadership skills, and foster meaningful connections with their peers. A teen club for St Joseph’s Indian high school students is an organized group or club that caters specifically to the needs and interests of teenagers. It provides a supportive and engaging environment where teens can socialize, learn new skills, and participate in activities that promote personal growth and development. Here are some key aspects of a teen club:
1. Social Interaction: The teen club offers a platform for high school students to connect and form friendships with their peers. It creates a sense of belonging and provides a space where teens can freely express themselves, share experiences, and build meaningful relationships.
2. Personal Development: The club aims to enhance personal growth by offering various activities and workshops that focus on developing important life skills. These may include leadership development, communication skills, time management, decision-making, and conflict resolution. The club encourages teens to explore their interests, discover their talents, and foster a sense of self-confidence and resilience.
3. Recreational and Creative Opportunities: A teen club often provides a range of recreational and creative activities to engage and entertain students. This can include arts and crafts, sports, music, dance, drama, and other forms of creative expression. These activities allow teens to explore their passions, relieve stress, and develop new talents.
4. Community Engagement: Teen clubs often promote community engagement and encourage teens to give back through volunteering and service projects. This helps foster a sense of social responsibility and empathy among the students, teaching them the importance of making a positive impact on their community.
5. Educational Support: Some teen clubs offer educational support by providing tutoring, study groups, or mentorship programs. These initiatives help students improve their academic performance, develop effective study habits, and seek guidance and advice from older peers or mentors.
6. Personal Well-being: The teen club may also focus on promoting physical and mental well-being. This can involve organizing health and wellness activities, mindfulness exercises, discussions on mental health awareness, and workshops on stress management and self-care. A teen club aims to create a supportive and inclusive environment where teenagers can grow, learn, and thrive. It provides opportunities for personal and social development, fosters a sense of belonging, and encourages positive engagement within the community.
The aim of the Teen Club is to create a supportive and engaging environment for students, providing opportunities for personal growth, social interaction, skill development, and community engagement.
1. Foster a Sense of Belonging: Create a welcoming and inclusive space where teens feel a sense of belonging, enabling them to build meaningful relationships, connect with peers, and develop a supportive network.
2. Promote Personal Development: Offer a range of activities, workshops, and resources that enhance personal growth, including leadership development, communication skills, self-confidence, decision-making, and resilience.
3. Encourage Skill Development: Provide opportunities for teens to explore their interests, talents, and passions through recreational, creative, and educational activities, fostering skill development and personal fulfilment. The club will also be a space where different career paths and opportunities are explored as well.
4. Cultivate Community Engagement: Promote a sense of social responsibility and empathy by engaging teens in volunteering, service projects, and community outreach activities, instilling values of giving back and making a positive impact.
5. Learning Advancement: Build a healthy, thriving environment of academic and co curricular learning where students and teacher work together to make learning creative, fun and comprehensive
1. Goal 1:To create a supportive and inclusive environment that promotes a sense of belonging among the students.
⮚ Develop a welcoming and safe physical space for the club.
⮚ Organize ice-breaking activities and team-building exercises to facilitate social interaction and connection.
2. Goal 2: To facilitate personal growth and skill development among club members.
⮚ Offer workshops and seminars on leadership skills, effective communication, time management, and decision-making.
⮚ Provide opportunities for teens to explore their interests through various recreational, creative, and educational activities.
3. Goal 3:To encourage community engagement and foster a sense of social responsibility.
⮚ Organize volunteering initiatives and community service projects for club members.
⮚ Collaborate with local organizations to provide opportunities for teens to contribute to their community.
The Teen Club program plan will include a variety of activities and initiatives to fulfill the aim, objectives, and goals of the club. The program plan may include:
1. Regular Club Meetings:
Frequency: Weekly or bi-weekly meetings.
Activities: Ice-breaking games, discussions, guest speakers, and workshops.
2. Skill Development Workshops:
Topics: Leadership development, communication skills, goal setting, stress management, career exploration, etc.
Format: Interactive workshops, seminars, and hands-on activities.
3. Recreational and Creative Activities:
Sports events, arts and crafts sessions, music, dance, drama, etc.
Talent showcases and exhibitions to showcase the skills and talents of club members.
4. Community Engagement Initiatives:
Volunteering activities at local charities, environmental clean-ups, etc.
Collaboration with other clubs
5. Personal Well-being and Mental Health Support:
Workshops on mindfulness, stress reduction techniques, self-care, and mental health awareness.
Access to resources and referrals from School Counselors mental health support when needed.
6. Communication and Support:
Establish effective communication channels for club members, such as a dedicated group.
Provide mentorship opportunities where older club members can support and guide younger ones.
1. Coordinator:School Counsellors
2. President: The individual responsible for overseeing the overall functioning of the club, providing leadership, and representing the club to external parties.
3. Vice President: Supports the president and assists in their duties. May also assume the president's responsibilities in their absence.
4. Secretary: Responsible for maintaining club records, taking meeting minutes, handling correspondence, and organizing club documents.
5. Event Coordinator: Plans and organizes club events, activities, and programs. Coordinates logistics, manages resources, and ensures the smooth execution of events.
6. Public Relations Officer: Handles the club's communication and promotion, including managing social media accounts, creating newsletters, and establishing relationships with external entities.
Coordinator : Ms Nirma Dsouza & Mr Joshua Angelo
President: Sam Shakti
Nagarjun- Class 8th
Dakshesh- Class 9th
Sam Daniel- Class 10th
Public Relations Officer